Founded in 1981, our non-profit has supported students all over the state through a network of school and community chapters. Our organization provides education, training, workshops, scholarships, and fun events related to youth health and safety. These resources are available to middle school, high school, and university students by becoming official SADD members, free of charge. Students gain resume-worthy experience in an inclusive community that promotes positive choices to succeed in school and in life. SADD resources are also available to community partners who share our mission of youth health and safety to support others and improve North Carolina.
By joining or partnering with SADD, we will supply the programming and resources that matter most to you. Using 40 years of expertise and research, NC SADD is dedicated to understanding and overcoming youth challenges that our youth face nationally and regionally. We provide support for initatives like:
- Drugs and Substance Use Prevention
- Navigating Peer Pressure and Bullying
- Eliminating Impaired and Distracted Driving
- Understanding Graduating
- Driving Laws and Enhancing Traffic Safety
- Mental Health and Wellness Assistance
- Leadership Development and Professional Training
SADD also offers programming on a national level to ensure there is always an event, workshop, or activity to promote heatlhy and safe decision making. SADD is also a certifying organization for the Presidential Volunteer Service Award, an honor given to American volunteers from the US Presidential Office. May is also Mental Health Awareness month, and we have resources guides, pledges, and tips to promote healthy wellness. To learn about the PVSA for students and see this month's programming guide, please visit bit.ly/SADD-May.
To take full advatage of SADD, please consider becoming an official member. Students, parents, faculty, and partners can all join for FREE to have access to our student portal which provides 24/7 access to various educational tools, guides, and resources. NC SADD has been adapted chapters to ensure those interested can participate regardless of location, grade, or schedule. See the below the following options to join:
- Students and Faculty can join through school Chapters (either virtual or in-person) to establish support networks by clicking here.
- Individual students can join our Statewide Virtual Chapter for flexible participation by visiting bit.ly/NCSADD-Chapter.
- Partners can reach out to NC State Coordinator, Aaron Medina, at email@example.com to either set up a community based chapter or collaborte
afor specfic events.
Please use the contacts below if you have any questions. Use the buttons below to follow us on social media to stay up-to-date on NC SADD information and opportunities. Thank you for your interest in SADD and stay safe.
NC State Cordinator and Program Manager
Social Media: @SADDnc